Snake medicine is known for being a bit difficult because it translates as living through many snake bites to learn life lessons. Snake bites refer to the many times we learn the hard way or the less comfortable way because we always get bit in the end. The lesson unfolds from the bite and the snake moves on. Snakes either coil or move. It's not a bad medicine to have, it just means we get a lot of experiences to learn. Snake medicine is also considered Kundalini energy which is the basis of a Tantric lifestyle. One can practice Kundalini Yoga without the Tantric, but Tantric energy utilizes the body's innate life force energy or chi or prana which is the energy that is transformed and transmuted and moved up in awareness to the Sahasara as Kundalini to merge with God, Goddess, Universe the Comos whichever awe inspiring source is beyond our limited ego.
I have been following the Tantric path since 1988 and practicing Kundalini since I was a child, but it has taken me a lifetime to come to a place through discipline where they have merged in my waking mind into just who I am. Running energy between my chakras and between others in a room or in a relationship is how I live everyday and I am hard pressed not to be it or to live only from the mind and it's 3d experience. This lifestyle is all about being conscious moment to moment and knowing where the energy is flowing. One of my hardest lessons has been to learn loyalty towards myself. I think it is ironic since I am a very loyal person to others or causes, so why did I not know how to be my own best friend and ally? I always gave up myself first in case of a dispute, it has been a real long lesson to learn. I still have to try to put myself first sometimes because my natural tendency is to reach out instead of asking for what I need to be honored. Since the last few months I have been learning to stay put and just BE in my space without reaching out to others to help make them comfortable or to teach. To BE has always been the desire and I am slowly aware of just being now.
As I am getting more used to this new territriy of just staying put, being in my own energy and not reaching out so much, I am seeing that I am starting to really look around to see who else is here. I feel like I have been on the go for so many years and time is slowing down. Most people complain that time has sped up too much, but I am finding that time is slowing down for me. I'm finding each moment packed with information. Every person's expression relays immediately what thier energy is in the moment and if they are turned on or in the midst of thier pain. I look around for the ones who have the lights on in their eyes. My husband had the lights on when I met him and I was immediately attracted to him, eventhough he was 7 years younger. I fell for his being so present in the moment. Completely alert and alive, not like most of the walking zombies I noticed every day at work. We shared some fabulous times, but like two sides of the coin, there came a day when I looked around and all the wonderful miraculous things we had created together were replaced with terrorizing destruction and I wondered how did it all flip? Time moved in circles during those years as I realized the depth of the hole I was in.
I spiraled lessons from when I was a teenager and my relationship with my father and mother and sister and best friend. Everyone had a previous part they already played in the first act of my life, just by different actors. Same themes and energies though. Just different actors the second time around. And wow, you can't make this stuff up sometimes, the names were even similar Dinah was Dianne, Kristy was Kristine/Tina. Of course everyone played their parts very well. If they wouldn't have been so true to character, I might have missed it. But Universe has a way of getting us to notice even when we are firmly in denial and luckily the second time around I had years to learn more about self loyalty and I stopped throwing myself in front of the bus. It was the first really significant time in my whole life where I took care of me first and my children. I guess those years of wondering what it meant to be the MOTHER finally kicked in and I found self preservation in the midst of tragedy.
Time plays those funny tricks of getting us to believe we are one thing and then slip, oops, there it all goes down the rabbit hole. That was a very intense time for me, but immensely potent too. I may have missed it if I wasn't aware or noticing the energy all around, swirling, giving me glimpses into every twist of the story. From the writhing of the snake, I got bit and lived to tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment