"Letting go doesn't mean pushing away or negating what's come up - but instead being with the feeling... Then we can start to feel that we are no longer victims of the stuff that happens to us. There is something we can do about it, if we just take a look at it." - Krishna Das, Sivananda Bahamas, Feb 2011
This has always been the basis of my meditative practice and what yoga means to me. It is a constant practice of awareness of where the sensations comes from and what effect and if they are really mine or just a beleif I picked up. That is the warrrior path for me, constant vigilance of thoughts, feelings and words. The words part is the toughest for me. I generally have to slow down to double check if what I am saying is mine or just a reaction to cover up the truth which may take longer and comes from a deeper place.
Thank you Krishna Das. You are humanity's friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment