Friday, March 4, 2011

Breathing into the spaces
in my awareness of my body.
What is my body?
A bunch of vibrating
different cells that agree to come together.
One whole group makes a foot,
another a kidney.
Then there is the mind.
Exactly where is that
located, can anyone tell me?
I think it is here,
but no, I changed my mind,
I think it is over there...
And my emotions
are they under a rock
or blazing across the sky?
My emotions, of course they're mine,
who else would want them?
Breathing into the spaces
between the three ring circus of who I am.
Everything experiencing at once...
flashes here, explosions there,
WOW how beautiful to balance on a line,
oh no, the lion's head,
what a thrill to be flying through the air,
jumps and twirls and somersaults through fire.
The ringmaster keeps it all going
like my spirit tapping into
each awareness of who I am.
And yet there is a complete stillness
when I step back and look from a distance.
It all keeps humming along,
churning with it's own speed,
while I sit on the hillside
like Jabba the Hut
and breathe it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment